Facts & Figures
We serve Northern Kentucky.
- We have about 196,000 total customer accounts.
- Over 30 local governments across Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties partner with us to provide residents with efficient and effective wastewater and storm water services.
Our wastewater services cover 191 square miles.
- About 1,685 miles of sanitary sewer pipe cover SD1’s service area.
- 123 pump stations push wastewater across the region’s hilly terrain.
Our storm water services cover 170 square miles.
- About 441 miles of municipal separate storm sewers cover SD1’s service area.
- Approximately 32,915 storm water structures, including manholes and catch basins, are in our service area.
- There are 15 flood stations in Campbell and Kenton counties.
Our treatment plants run 24/7.
- Combined, our treatment plants treat about 35.5 million gallons of wastewater per day.
- It takes 24 hours on average for wastewater to move through the treatment process at Western Regional.
We test for pollution.
- We inspect and permit more than 55 industries in our service area every year. This prevents heavy metals, solvents and toxic waste from getting into the wastewater stream and ultimately local waterways.
- Our laboratory technicians conduct more than 54,500 tests of wastewater and stream samples annually.
We give you peace of mind.
- Each person creates 80 to 100 gallons of wastewater daily, on average.
- Each day, SD1 prevents over 75,000 pounds of waste from entering the Ohio River through wastewater treatment.