The revenue created from the storm water fee funds the Regional Storm Water Management Program, which includes these services:
- Detecting and eliminating illegal connections and failing private sewer systems that are discharging into local streams, potentially harming public health.
- Looking for pollution runoff and the dumping of hazardous materials into local storm water systems, creeks and channels.
- Managing construction site runoff to prevent flooding and erosion problems which can disrupt property and roads.
- Monitoring Northern Kentucky’s streams as a part of our efforts to understand the causes of flooding that damage private property and public infrastructure.
- Operating, maintaining and upgrading the public storm sewer system that protects properties and roads from flooding throughout the service area.
To learn move, visit our Understanding Your Bill page.