SD1 partnered with a developer, Condoview, LLC, to build a regional storm water detention basin to address some of the storm-water-related issues that exist in the area.
This regional detention basin has a capacity of approximately 3.5 million gallons. It will collect storm water runoff from an approximately 145-acre drainage area.
The basin will provide the following benefits:
- Drastic improvement for flooding to the area and downstream subdivision.
- Reduction of approximately 11.5 million gallons of typical-year combined sewer overflow, with potential for higher volume reduction with installation of additional controls.
- Eliminates twp combined sewer discharges in the immediate area.
- Eliminates a landslide into the northbound leg of Amsterdam Road, which causes road closure and driving safety concerns.
- Increases the level of service with respect to flooding and basement backup further downstream of the project area.